Product Review Spring | Sample Source

Hi guys!
So it obviously has been a while (2+ months exactly) life has been busy, but I have kept up with my baking/sewing blog, here. You'll notice that there has definitely been a change in theme and colours.

So much has happened 50th & 13th birthday parties, anniversaries and so much more. Life has certainly been eventful.  
(Brace yourselves it's a long post.)
Last year I joined a website where a couple of times a year I answer some surveys and from those surveys, I can be eligible to receive samples in the mail to try.

Last month I received a package from Sample Source and got 6 samples and a coupon.
I have never gotten so much from them and I was very thrilled at that. Free things? Don't have to ask me twice.
In this post, I will tell what was good, bad or otherwise. These were small samples so just enough to try and get an idea of the product.

*Disclaimer: The opinions and thoughts expressed in this blog are solely my own. I was given these products for an honest review and were not influenced by the company in any way, shape or form.*

Products I received:

  • V8 +ENERGY drink raspberry flavored, 243mL

    • One of the things I love about V8 is that it always has fruits and vegetables, and this product doesn't disappoint on that part. I am not a big fan of energy drinks because they usually contain many harmful ingredients. But in this case, the ingredients are all mostly natural and it tasted like sparkling juice product. 
    • Fizzy and sweet without being overpowering. I did love this product even if I don't often drink nor buy energy drinks. It tasted great and it did give me +ENERGY, would buy it if I were to need it.

  • Batiste, dry shampoo, 50ml

    • I have always seen this at stores online but never have I tried it. I have a curly unhelpful hair that 2 days after washing it looks like it hasn't been cleaned in a month. I was wary of putting something new in my hair but the idea of it helping my 3-day curls look great I tried it. 

  • Aveeno, daily moisturizer, 9ml

    • As a person that is picky about hand creams and moisturizer, this was something different. The Aveeno sample smelled great and it felt very good on my skin. It left my skin soft and moisturized and felt liked I had nothing on.
    • It wasn't oily or runny like so many hand creams are and I was upset when I finished the whole sample. I would definitely try this again, it has SPF 30 which is an added bonus plus it came in a very cute bottle.

  • Welch's Fruit 'n Yogurt snack, 20g

    • This was a very good sample product. It tasted great (I do love fruits and sugar), the fruit covered in yogurt. The bite-sized pieces were delicious (I shared with my whole family and they agreed). Definitely recommend it.

  • Nescafe GOLD, coffee cups, 2

    • This one came as a surprise since we do not often drink coffee, but we tried it anyway. I was sent 2 cups which was enough for 3 cups stretching it. 
    • They also sent me a coupon which was well as we don't drink coffee often but do have visitors that do. I have yet to try it, though I have heard that it is quite bitter. Once I try it with friends, I will update this post.

  • So Fresh Almond product coupon

    • I don't often drink almond milk, but this was good. My parent, who are avid almond milk drinkers, loved and were very happy with the coupon that I was sent. 
    • The almond taste is not overpowering and was delicious. I would do recommend it if you love to drink almond milk.

  • Persil Pro Clean, clothes detergent 

    • This laundry detergent sample was enough for one load and I did see a small difference that clothes smelt so much better and felt cleaner (if that is possible). 
    • In my household, we do not use another detergent but I did like this one. I would probably buy in the future if it's (honestly) at a good price.


Overall thoughts

I am did get some good use out of the products some I loved others I didn't fall head over heels. The ones that I would definitely buy would be Welch's snack, Aveeno, V8 energy drink and So Fresh. I liked the taste, feel and vitamins, respectively, and were some that fit perfectly in my household. The others though I did like them they are not some I would use frequently like the coffee or dry shampoo, maybe in the future, I will have more use for them. Maybe when I'm in university and I need energy and haven't washed my hair in days? ★★★★ 1/2 (4.5/5)

I am very thankful for Sample Source for the samples and I was able to #trybeforeyoubuy and decide what fit in my household and what didn't.
Hope you all enjoyed this post and it helped you in the future. What did you think? Have you tried any of the products before?
Til next time 
Arrivederci 

**Disclaimer: The opinions and thoughts expressed in this blog are solely my own. I was given these products for an honest review and were not influenced by the company in any way, shape or form.**

3 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work. Hope you will get more product review in the future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Hopefully I will find more things to review

      Delete
  2. Never before have I tried Sample Source, and so this post interested me. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top